Secondary - Eating Disorders

Eating Disorders (Secondary School)

If you are worrying about whether your child is developing an eating disorder or have discovered that they have, see your GP as soon as possible to discuss whether a referral to specialist services is needed. Sometimes teenagers and young adults may not want to see a doctor, may not agree there is a problem or may wish to go alone. While a GP cannot share information that someone over 16 has told them without that person’s consent, a parent can share their own worries with the GP (See Confidentiality). There is a lot of help and information available for young people and their families - see videos, blogs, books, Apps and helplines at the bottom of this page.

I think my child might have an eating disorder
This page on family lives is an excellent starting point here

How do I know if my child has an eating disorder?
Information on common symptoms, laxative use, over-exercising, bingeing and how to find help here

Advice for parents including mealtime tips and how to talk to your child.

Secondary - Eating Disorders

HappyMaps use cookies for.....