- Triple P parenting courses (free) The groups support parents to make small changes that will have a positive long-term impact on their child’s behaviour. Self-refer using the referral from or you can be referred by someone from the healthcare team.
- Information on all the family support services in the Swindon area including parenting courses helping you to cope with parenting challenges from babies through to teens. This includes the popular “Managing Challenging Behaviour” Programme as well as play therapy and many other services.
- On Trak offers counselling for 14-19-year-olds in the Swindon area. Find contact details for this as well as local school nurses, help with drugs and alcohol and other services on this website.
- Help counselling for over 16’s in the Trowbridge area -free or low cost counselling with donations welcome.
- Off the Record BANES (based in Bath) have an excellent website with a small section for parents .Their listening service is open to parents too.
- Motiv8 provide free and confidential support and one-to-one sessions for young people aged 11-18 years struggling with drug and/or alcohol use.
- Relate Dorset also offer services in South Wiltshire including family therapy and children’s and young people’s counselling. See this link for more information and a great video about Jack who was helped after his parent’s divorce.