Hello! Are you feeling down, anxious or worried about something?
We can help. Here are some links to advice and information and, if you want to, ways of talking to someone about what’s happening. You can get advice on the phone, or web chat or you can read about other people with similar problems and what they did. All the helpline and chat options we’ve listed are safe and confidential.
We also recommend the amazing YoungMInds which offers support and information on lots of different feelings and problems as well as personal stories.
Get online or telephone help and support
Childline – helpline for young people up to age 19 years and a website full of games, quizzes, and advice.
1-2-1 Childline counsellor chat online
Shout 24/7 text support
Kooth free confidential counselling with trained counsellors for ages 10-18 years and lots of good information and stories.
Tellmi app is a safe, anonymous app where you can talk about anything and get support from others
How to start getting help
Help for lots of different feelings- sadness, embarrassment, jealousy, loneliness and more
Anxiety, stress and panic
What is anxiety? This explains how anxiety feels and how you tackle it.
Problems with friends
Worried about self-harm?
Feeling alone and misunderstood?.
Help with family problems, friends or other relationships
Social media and internet problems
Check out the topics in primary or secondary/young adult for help on things like bullying, eating problems, feeling anxious, puberty and sex and much more. Scroll down past the parent section to find advice for children and young people.
Mini Games and ideas to boost your mood
Ideas to help you feel better if you’re feeling worried, anxious or sad.
- Mini Games from Mind
- Mini Games from Childline – for all ages up to 18yrs
- The Stresspot Game
- Boost your mood and confidence by trying something new
- Creative Ideas fun crafty ideas you can use as a way of getting your feelings out.
- Make a self-soothe box: make a box filled with all the things which make you feel safe and calm.
- Free yoga for all levels and ages (Yoga with Adriene) on YouTube
- Write a letter to your future self. Delay an email for 1-3 years, write your current feelings down, and see how much you’ve changed when you open it.
- Arty life-hacks: 20 art therapy ideas for all ages
The best free mental health apps
- Clear Fear is a free app for anxiety and panic attacks – lots of ideas as well as breathing exercises to try.
- Calm Harm for self-harm or coping with overwhelming feelings. hundreds of ideas to try
- For more Apps check out the Best Apps Page
- For even more helplines and ideas look at our 12-25-year-old section