Helping my child cope with a new arrival in the family
Video from Parentchannel. Enjoy hearing from other parents and see what top tips they suggest!
- Sibling rivalry-when a new baby arrives Family Lives charity has some sensible advice on helping your toddler adjust to a new arrival
- Sibling rivalry. This summary for childcare workers also has some useful tips for parents
- Aren’t you Lucky! A new baby story by Laurence Anholt“A great little book especially if your older child is a girl. The twist is of course that it’s the baby who is lucky to have such a great older sibling. Sensitive and funny, my daughter loved this and we had to read it many times “
- You Were the First by Patricia Maclachlan. A beautifully illustrated book.
- The Positive Parenting Project has a list of books to help prepare toddlers for a new arrival, and more suggestions for sibling rivalry and for coping with change.l