Terms and Conditions
Thank you for visiting the HappyMaps website.
By using the HappyMaps site, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. HappyMaps reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- HappyMaps provides information about children and young people’s mental health resources for personal use or for educational purposes. The website is intended to provide general information only and, as such, should not be considered as a substitute for professional advice. It is up to you to contact a health professional if you are concerned about the mental health of a child or young person. If a child or young person is in immediate danger, you should contact the emergency services.
- Although we recommend other websites, when you access any other website through HappyMaps you understand that it is independent from HappyMaps and that we have no control over that website, its content or the services offered through it.
- HappyMaps does not give medical advice in relation to any individual case or patient, nor does the HappyMaps website provide medical or diagnostic services.
- If you are a medical or health professional then you are encouraged to use the HappyMaps website for general information purposes. However, you should not rely on material included here and we do not accept any responsibility if you do.
- HappyMaps does not guarantee that the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the Website or your use of it will be free of viruses or harmful material. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer is suitable to use the Website.
Use of the HappyMaps site
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- Except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions, you may not alter the Website in any way or do anything that might or will damage or disrupt the good working order of the Website or our equipment or software.
Copyright and monitoring
- The content of the Website is owned by HappyMaps or third parties. No content from the Website may be copied, used or reproduced without our consent, except where it is used for research and non-commercial use or where no consent is required (see below)
- You may link to HappyMaps provided links do not imply partnership or endorsement by HappyMaps unless otherwise agreed and that links to the website are not misleading in any way.
- Content from the website should not be used unless agreed in writing other than for personal or educational use.
- Please ensure that HappyMaps is spelt correctly- thank you!
HappyMaps only holds data (usually names and e-mails) of those who have contributed to the creation of HappyMaps and anyone who has expressed an interest in being kept up to date on its development. We hold this information in order to let stakeholders know of any news or updates. We will also hold information (name, e-mail and phone number if given) of anyone who contacts us with information or a question on our contact form. We will of course delete any such information on request and would never transfer any data to any other organisation whether for remuneration or otherwise. We do not keep any data that you enter via our donation page.
You have a right of access to a copy of what is comprised of your personal data and to have any personal data rectified or erased or destroyed.
If there has been a breach of the Data Protection Act you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner and/or to claim damages.